Lodge Reversible Cast Iron Grill / Griddle
- 16.75 inch x 9.5 inch
- Foundry seasoned, ready to use upon purchase.
- Use on all cooking surfaces, grills and campfires.
- Some induction tops may not be compatible with double-burner griddles.
- Oven safe.
- Sauté, sear, fry, bake and stir fry to heart’s content.
- Made in USA.
If you do Nothing Else...
Hand wash. Dry immediately—even before first use.
Rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every wash.
How much oil? Enough to restore the sheen, without being “sticky”.
Why? To keep the iron “seasoned” and protected from moisture.
Seasoning—It isn't Salt and Pepper
“Seasoning” is vegetable oil baked onto the iron at a high temperature: not a chemical non-stick coating.
Seasoning creates the natural, easy-release properties. The more you cook, the better it gets.
Because you create, maintain, and even repair the “seasoning”, your cookware can last 100 years or more. Chemical non-stick coating cannot be repaired, limiting lifespan.
Lodge Cast Iron is right at home on induction, ceramic, electric and gas cooktops, in your oven, on the grill, or even over the campfire. Do not use in the microwave. (Some induction tops will not work with 2-burner griddles)
On glass or ceramic cooktops, lift cookware; never slide it.
Our cookware is safe at high temperatures; use metal, wood, or hi-temp silicone utensils.
Some foods may stick to new cookware (especially eggs). Use a little extra oil or butter until you’ve built up the seasoning.
Acidic foods like tomatoes, beans, and certain sauces can damage seasoning, and should be avoided until the seasoning is well-established.
Cast Iron rarely needs to go above a medium heat setting when properly pre-heated. For the times when you do cook at higher temperatures, bring the pan to temperature gradually and add oil to just before adding food to prevent sticking.
Our handles get hot; use mitts. Use trivets to protect countertops from hot cookware.
To Soap or not to Soap...
If no soap is too scary, wash with mild soapy water and dry and oil immediately. However, consider that cookware is 400ºF in 4 minutes on medium heat and is sterile at 212º F, so soap isn’t always necessary.
Dishwashers, strong detergents and metal scouring pads are not recommended, as they remove seasoning.
Rust?! Don't Panic, it's not Broken
Without protective seasoning iron can rust.
It’s really easy to fix. Scour the rust, rinse, dry, and rub with a little vegetable oil.
If problem persists, you will need to thoroughly remove all rust and follow our re-seasoning instructions (below).
Refurbish Your Finish
While maintaining the seasoning should keep your Cast Iron and Carbon Steel in good condition, at some point you may need to re-season your cookware. If food sticks to the surface, or you notice a dull, gray color, repeat the seasoning process:
* Wash the cookware with hot, soapy water and a stiff brush. (It is okay to use soap this time because you are preparing to re-season the cookware).
* Rinse and dry completely.
* Apply a very thin, even coating of MELTED solid vegetable shortening (or cooking oil of your choice) to the cookware inside and out. Too much oil will result in a sticky finish.
* Place aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven (not directly on bottom) to catch any drips.
* Set oven temperature to 350 – 400 degrees F.
* Place cookware upside down on the top rack of the oven to prevent pooling.
* Bake the cookware for at least one hour. After the hour, turn the oven off and let the cookware cool in the oven.
* Store the cookware uncovered, in a dry place when cooled.
* Repeat as necessary.
Free express shipping on $40+ Orders!
Express shipping for orders under $40 is just 3.99
The majority of orders (over 95%) are processed to within one business day.
If you placed an order that has not been processed after 48 hours, please email us for an up-to-date ETA.
Shipping times and prices vary based on location as follows:
Carnegie Hill: One-Hour Delivery! Free over $20
Upper East Side: Same-day delivery for orders placed before 2:00pm. Free over $20
NYC: 1-Day Delivery. Free over $20
USA: Free for orders over $39.99. Shipments via UPS or USPS
- East Coast: 1-2 Days for delivery
- Central USA: 2-4 Days for delivery
- West Coast: 4-5 Days for delivery
Orders placed outside of New York City under $40.00 and orders in New York City under $20.00 ship with a $3.99 delivery fee.